I love to read. I read a lot of business books. I was having a great lunch conversation with a co-worker about leadership in business and what we read (she also loves to read for personal growth). She asked for my favorites. I shared my choices with her and it got me thinking that I should share them here as these are truly career changing reads. Over the years, I have encountered a few that range from Personal Development to Leadership to Marketing specifically that you can add to your list (conveniently linked to Amazon):
- Good to Great by Jim Collins – although some of the businesses listed in the book have since fallen a bit from grace, the lessons learned can be applied to any business in any situation.
- Rocket Fuel & Traction by Gino Wickman – the creator of the EOS model for entrepreneurial and small companies, this combo gives you all the tools you need to by more strategic with your brand and just plain be more intentional in the execution of the things that matter.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**K by Mark Manson – best read of 2017. Life is not about living free of conflict and challenges. It’s how you deal with them. Life. Changing.
- Monday Morning Leadership by David Cottrell – given to me by a co-worker a few years ago – it’s a quick read but you can apply these lessons each day with your team and reap very quick rewards. It’s about filling buckets – they teach this stuff in Kindergarten – time for a refresher.
- What’s the Secret by John R DiJulius III – Customer experience IS the new marketing. Understand the intentional strategies that go into creating a brand and experience that keeps them coming back.
A couple more that are on my radar screen to read: The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni & The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Business Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber. Have you read any of these? What are your thoughts? Recommendations?