The most common request I receive as a marketer is ‘get me to the top of Google fast, but I don’t want to spend too much.’ I want to get you to the top of Google as quickly as possible! But most importantly, I have to manage your expectations. When it comes to SEO, I always recommend that you play SEO like golf – you have to play the short AND the long game simultaneously.
Optimizing your site – is the long game. The short game comes with some quick wins, and you don’t need to spend much money to get there. Here are my recommendations for quick and easy GOOGLE wins:
- Build your backlinks
- Yext is an easy tool you can set up yourself.
- Build your social media presence and link to them from your site. Make sure you have Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube channels.
- Leverage Your Google Maps and Search Profile (formerly Google My Business)
- Get customer reviews
- Add posts that feature your services and expertise – at least weekly.
- Add images and videos.
- Add relevant search phrases based on your services.
- Leverage Google Pay-Per-Click Ads
- Google offers $500 in free ads for new and returning accounts – Sign-Up
- Create multiple ads around your key messages and test
Of course, these recommendations are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to SEO! If you want to play the long game of SEO, let’s talk content strategy!