If you still aren’t convinced that you should be on Facebook from a business or personal perspective or simply just don’t know how to tackle the platform from a marketing perspective, let me help you get motivated. Because 1.52 Billion users log-on daily and spend 20 minutes on average, you cannot ignore the sheer opportunity of the reach of Facebook and your ability to connect with buyers.
I’ve spent the last 10 years using Facebook for brand building, driving revenue, and customer service, and here is what I’ve learned:
- You can do brand building on Facebook that you can’t do on Google.
- You can drive leads, conversions, and revenue, just like Google.
- Facebook marketing lifts your other traditional marketing efforts. They work better together.
- The ads delivered on Facebook are targeted and highly relevant to the person that is receiving them.
- Brands can leverage influencers very cost-effectively to help promote their brands to prospective buyers.
- Immediate engagement with people that are interested in your products and services. You have an instant opportunity wow, answer questions, get to know your audience, and help generate conversions while prospects are in the consideration process.
- Facebook Ad Manager delivers ads onto the Instagram platform as well. Increasing your reach by another 1 Billion users.
- People buy stuff and use the services they see on Facebook.
- New customer acquisition costs compared to traditional media are much lower.
- The cost of entry for social media advertising is a fraction of traditional media.
Additionally, Facebook is ripe with consumer insights! Groups around common interests offer so much insight into their wants, needs, and desires – it’s like free market research!! Engage and adapt!
Wanting to get started on Facebook, but not sure where to start? If you don’t already have a personal account, get one. If you don’t have a business page, set-up one. Think about how you use the platform. How do you engage? What content and ads resonate with you? Create and boost a couple of posts to your target audience and start being present! You need to start understanding the platform. Then, engage with a digital marketing expert to help you develop and execute an effective strategy.